Information We Collect
“Do Not Track” Requests
GCI’s Website currently does not respond to “do not track” or similar signals.
Use of Your Information
Your information may be used to administer our Website, including by monitoring and analyzing our Website traffic and usage patterns. Besides, your information may be used for the following purposes:
- To present our Website and its contents to you
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us;
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it;
- To notify you about changes to our products or services we offer or provide;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our website;
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information;
- For any other purpose with your consent;
- As otherwise described to you when collecting your personal information; or
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about our consumers is among the assets transferred.
We use commercially suitable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect. These procedures include, but are not limited to, firewalls, encryption, intrusion detection, and Website monitoring. We also limit access to any personally identifiable information we receive to staff who need access to that information to do their jobs. However, no data protection procedures are entirely infallible. As a result, while we strive to protect your personally identifiable information, we cannot guarantee that it will be 100% secure. The transmission of your data to our Website thus is done entirely at your own risk.
Sharing Your Information
- GCI informs individuals about the purpose for which it collects and uses information about them, how to contact the institute with inquiries or complaints, the choices, and means GCI offers individuals for limiting its use and disclosure, and how it is secured. This notice is provided in a clear and conspicuous language when individuals are first asked to provide personal information while creating their profiles.
- GCI does not intend to disclose customer’s personal information with a third party or use the collected information for a purpose that is incompatible with the purpose(s) for which this information was originally collected. If GCI wishes to disclose personal information collected to a third party, appropriate notice and choice will be issued to the individuals for whom the personal information pertains to.
- GCI understands the need for security of personal data and has taken adequate measures to protect it from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
- Data Integrity
- Access, Correction, and Deletion GCI ensure that individuals have access to the personal data they have provided to GCI. Individuals will be able to correct, amend, or delete that information, except where the burden or expense of providing access would be disproportionate to the risks to the individual’s privacy in the case in question, where the rights of persons other than the individual would be violated, or as otherwise permitted by the GDPR. GCI employs role-based permissions to ensure adequate access and security is provided to the stored personal information.
- Onward Transfer
- GCI is responsible for taking all reasonable steps to protect data transferred to third parties. GCI requires such third parties to enter into contracts ensuring that your data is only processed for the limited and specified purposes consistent with your authorization. We require that the third-party recipients provide the same level of protection as reflected in the GDPR and will take all reasonable and appropriate steps to ensure that the third-party recipient effectively processes the personal information. Upon request, we will provide a summary or a representative copy of the relevant privacy provisions of our contract with the third-party recipient.
- GCI provides recourse mechanisms to individuals to ensure compliance with the GDPR. GCI’s internal recourse and dispute resolution mechanism is comprehensive and provides a readily available, affordable and transparent way to address the privacy concerns of individuals. GCI acknowledges the possibility, under certain conditions, for individuals to invoke binding arbitration. Individuals with concerns or complaints regarding their privacy can reach out to our support team by email.
- Dispute Resolution Mechanism
- GCI is subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the Australian authorities and will cooperate with the European Data Protection Authorities (“DPAs”) to avail dispute resolution mechanisms for individuals to whom the data relate. GCI shall cooperate with the DPAs in the investigation and resolution of complaints brought under Australian laws and will comply with any advice given by the DPAs where the DPAs take the view that GCI needs to take specific action to comply relevant laws and Principles, including remedial or compensatory measures for the benefit of individuals affected by any non-compliance with the Principles.
- GDPR Contact Point
- The Chief Technology Officer of GCI shall serve as the contact point for GDPR-related information requests, assessment and discussions.
- Deletion Request Rights
- You agree that you will not be able to request your Data be erased by the terms of your application with GCI. You agree to the retention of your Personal Data, including your test results, by GCI and their partners, as the processor, as long as instructed by GCI.
- Response Timing and Format
- We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 45 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing.